From government agencies to the private sector, the last decade has seen a significant rise in solar power investments, aimed at leveraging additional sustainable and renewable energy sources for common use. With the global push towards seeking green alternatives to power our homes and businesses, staying up-to-date on the benefits of solar energy is a worthwhile endeavor.
Solar power produces a photo-electric effect by harnessing electrons emitted by certain compounds like metals when they have contact with light, or photons. Solar panels use energy channeled through photovoltaic cells – which issue electricity by way of sunlight converted into a flow of electrons.
Here are just a few of the reasons solar power is such a compelling energy source:
1. So long as the sun keeps shining, solar energy can be renewed an innumerable amount of times, cutting down on the need for use of non-renewable resources, like fossil fuels, which are used to power our cars, machines used in product manufacturing, and the like.
2. Solar panels, especially those that make use of technologies that minimize reliance upon the sun’s schedule, can make homeowners and businesses more self-sufficient by decreasing the need for conventional electricity suppliers.
3. Providing additional incentive to utilize solar power, many local and federal governments provide rebates and other monetary enticements for those who install solar panels or solar hot water systems.
4. Homeowners and businesses who invest in solar panels will see a quick return, and as an added bonus, any electricity produced that isn’t needed for powering their building can be sold back to utility company for electricity credits.
5. Solar electricity produces zero emissions, and solar panels are unobtrusive, require little maintenance, and produce silent energy that can be used to power buildings everywhere.
CQI Associates is a leading provider of energy and environmental consulting, servicing Maryland, Washington DC, Delaware, and Illinois. We consider it our responsibility to provide energy and environmental management services that allow our clients to increase profitability by minimizing operating costs. From small businesses to national accounts and private residences, CQI offers solar, wind, and renewable energy project development and operation that make for sustainable energy solutions.
To learn more about our energy management, auditing, certifications and more, please contact CQI Associates by calling 410-740-0667 or visit CQIAssociates.com today!