CQI Associates is a Leader in Energy and Sustainability Management Consulting Services.
Our goal is to provide energy and sustainability management services that allow our clients to increase profitability by minimizing operating costs. From small businesses to national accounts such as Northrop Grumman, T. Rowe Price, AutoNation and CareFirst, we customize our services to suit each company’s unique needs. CQI Associates has saved our public and private commercial clients well over $1,500,000,000 based on our energy and sustainability program and project saving recommendations.
We provide energy and sustainability consulting expertise in the following areas:
- Comprehensive Energy Management Programs & Project Management
- Energy Assessments & Audits
- Energy Procurement Services
- Facility Management Consulting Services
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Assessments & Plans
- LEED® Certification & Green Building Certification Project Management
- Renewable Energy Assessments & Project Management
- Sustainable Management & Planning
- Transportation Fleet Evaluations & Planning
- Solar, Wind, and Renewable Energy Project Development and Operation
CQI Associates is one of the first consulting firms in the Baltimore-Washington region to offer both commercial and residential energy purchasing cooperatives.
As a leader in the business and residential energy market, CQI Associates manages Commercial and Residential Energy Cooperatives in MD, DC, DE, and IL — where we save the average customer 8–15% on an annual basis.
Energy Management Comprehensive Programs
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems Division
- Baltimore County Public Schools
- CareFirst Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- T Rowe Price
- City of Salisbury
- The Cordish Companies
- Frederick County Government
- Gould Properties – Konterra Realty – Parking Management Inc.
- Howard County Public Schools
- Loomis Chaffee School
- M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Planning
- Town of Ocean City Maryland
- Washington County Government
- Washington County Public Schools
Melissa Anderson, President & CEO
Melissa Anderson is the Managing Principal of CQI Associates and provides organization policy, planning, and program management support services to public and private clients. She has been instrumental in developing key programs such as the Commercial and Residential Energy Purchasing Cooperatives. Melissa joined the firm in 2000 and became the Managing Principal of the corporation in 2010.
Melissa was the senior consultant assisting Discovery Communications in achieving a U.S Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Development (LEED) Platinum Certification for Existing Buildings in 2008: Maryland’s first existing building to receive this certification.
Melissa assists clients in optimizing energy resources, limiting environmental liability, and improving facilities management practices. Her roles at CQI Associates include:
- Project Management
- Client Support, Customer Service, and Assistance
- Project Support Services
- Energy Assessments
- Report and Contract Development, Preparation, and Negotiation
- General Business and Operations Management
- Energy Supply Procurement and Consultation Services for Commercial and Residential Customers
Ms. Anderson was awarded a bachelor of science in business administration from the John L. Grove College of Business at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania.
Melissa can be reached directly at 443-677-8870 or email@example.com.
Richard Anderson, Founder & COO
Richard Anderson is a Principal of CQI Associates and founded the company in 1995. He believes that organizations can improve the quality of service they provide while optimizing the use of existing resources. Richard has worked in the facility management, energy management and environmental management fields for over 40 years and brings a wealth of practical experience to meet each client’s unique needs.
The firm is organized to allow the principals to work on client projects and work with the client staff. This allows the clients to receive top level expertise and experience.
Richard has worked closely with the International Facility Management Association, Maryland Energy Institute, Association of Energy Engineers, National Association of Environmental Management, and the National Environmental Education and Training Foundation. These relationships allow CQI to provide clients with effective management plans, which save costs and improve profitability.
In addition, Richard has developed a series of training programs entitled “Creating Business Value through Strategic Energy Management.” He has also created a professional development course “Application of Energy Resource Management Principles,” which is offered as part of the curriculum at Howard Community College in Howard County, Maryland.
Richard can be reached directly at 443-864-7293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.