There are many habits that we have which do nothing but waste energy. If you are looking to quickly and easily cut your electric bill, slightly altering some of your habits may be the best way to do that.
Habits That Waste Energy
- Not turning off lights when you leave a room
- When brushing your teeth, turn off the faucet when it is not in use.
- Fix leaky faucets
- Unplug appliances when they are not in use. Example that toaster you may not use every day, or your phone charger when it is not in use.
- Replace your furnace filter to reduce strain on your furnace.
- Set the air conditioner/ thermostat lower when you are not at home.
- Do not stare aimlessly into your refrigerator, keeping the door shut when it is not in use will save you energy.
- If the air conditioner is on, close the window.
- Swap traditional light bulbs for energy saving bulbs.
Utilizing some of these quick and easy tips will dramatically lower your utility bill.
CQI Associates has green energy solutions for your business. We are an energy and sustainability management consulting firm servicing residential and commercial clients throughout the United States. To learn more, please contact CQI Associates by calling 410-740-0667 or visit our website today!