2013 is a new year and presents you with new opportunities to improve your lifestyle. And while everyone else is making New Year’s resolutions regarding their weight and fitness, we suggest you make a resolution that will affect your life in several different ways. 2013 is the year to Improve the Energy Efficiency of your Home. This will not only improve the comfort of your home, but it should also cut your energy bills. Now that’s what we call a win-win.
Simple Solutions to improve the Energy Efficiency of your Home
1. Insulate Pipes: You may be surprised to learn that improving the energy efficiency of your home is not that difficult. In fact, insulating pipes helps eliminate heat loss. This allows your water heater to do the same job it has always been doing, but requiring far less energy to do so.
2. Insulate the Water Heater: Similar to the above suggestion, insulating your water heater helps prevent heat loss. Your water heater constantly heats water so it is ready when you need it. If your water heater is not properly insulated, it will have to work harder to keep that water at the desired temperature.
3. Insulate Air Ducts: More heat loss? That’s right. Insulating your ductwork allows your HVAC system to maintain the right temperature in your home without having to work as hard.
4. Utilize Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs: Switching your light bulbs to Compact Fluorescent bulbs can save you as much as 25% on your lighting costs. Best of all, CFLs last 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
5. Contact CQI Associates: CQI Associates has saved our public and private commercial clients well over $1,500,000,000 based on our energy and environmental program and project saving recommendations.
All of the above suggestions will help make your home more energy efficient and save you money on your monthly heating and cooling bills.
To learn more, please contact CQI Associates by calling 410-740-0667 or visit CQIAssociates.com today!